Connect with us

Politics

Mgilija Nhleko Dragged Into Zulu Royal Family Throne Dispute – Even In Death

Published

on

Mgilija Nhleko Dragged Into Zulu Royal Family Throne Dispute – Even In Death

The late leader of Zulu regiments, Mlandeni Mgilija Nhleko, has once again found himself dragged into the raging dispute within the Zulu royal family, which is fighting over who is the rightful king of the Zulu nation.

Late on Wednesday, Zulu Princess Thembi Zulu-Ndlovu, a sister to the late King Goodwill Zwelithini, issued a statement to mourn his passing.

Nhleko, who died on Monday while undergoing treatment for cancer at a private hospital in Richards Bay, made a name for himself when he meticulously commanded a legion of Zulu regiments during the burial of the late king in March this year.

He was later axed from his position after he showed support for former president Jacob Zuma, just days after he surrendered to Estcourt prison to start his 15-month sentence for contempt of the Constitutional Court.

Presiding over Nhleko’s firing, Dr Dumisani Khumalo, the chairperson of the Osuthu royal council, alleged that Nhleko had previously rudely exchanged words with the late king and was also caught on video saying he did not recognise the current king Misuzulu when he took part in an “illegal” traditional royal cleansing hunt following the king’s death.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

That ended Nhleko’s career, and even after his clan later apologised to King Misuzulu, he never got the position back.

In her statement of condolence, Princess Thembi, who together with her faction called the “royal rebels”, does not recognise Misuzulu as their King, said was it from the “Zulu royal family” said Nhleko was still the rightful leader of the regiments as appointed by the late king.

She said according to her, the position would only be filled once “a rightfully chosen King of the Zulu nation has ascended to the throne”.

“In Nhleko, we have lost a regiment leader who was dedicated to serving and protecting the monarch, and he was dedicated to that until he took his last breath. His dedication to the monarch and not selling out made him an outstanding person who ensured stability within the Zulu nation and other nations.

“Because of his humility and work, the late King gave him the position of leading his regiments, a position the King left him serving on. As the royal family, we wish to say that he is still the only leader of regiments as rightfully appointed by the late King, and no one will take that position until a new King has been identified by the royal family,” the Princess said in the statement.

Read Also:  Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

The statement seems to suggest that while the dispute over the throne has seemingly been partly doused and with the coronation of Misuzulu set to go ahead early next month in Nongoma, the princess’s faction has not given up the fight yet.

The faction wants the throne to be taken up by Prince Simakade, the first-born son of the late King Goodwill Zwelithini, arguing he is the rightful heir.

The statement also partly signals that the faction will likely send its own representatives (to counter King Misuzulu’s delegation, which could attend as the Nhleko family reported Mgilija’s passing to his council) to speak when Nhleko is laid to rest this coming Saturday at his ancestral village Nhlalanwenya near Nongoma.

Read Also:  Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

The warring sides are still waiting for a report from former KwaZulu-Natal Premier Willies Mchunu, who was assigned by the minister of cooperative governance and traditional affairs, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma, to mediate in the dispute.

Mchunu is believed to have finalised a preliminary report after he and his team met both sides to listen to them. King Misuzulu’s faction was led by Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi in his capacity as the traditional prime minister of the king and the Zulu nation.

He met Mchunu and his team together with senior royal family members, Prince Philemon of KwaFihlinqindi and Prince Mbongiseni (MMM) of Osuthu, among others.

Share with Friends:
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Politics

Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

Published

on

EFF leader Julius Malema paid a visit to the home to hand over a house in honour of party member, the late Gogo Pulane Phansi in Kagiso, Krugersdorp, on Wednesday.

“We are meeting here on a day that was supposed to be a celebratory day where we would hand over this beautiful house to our ground force who has been with us from the time when the EFF was formed,” Malema said.

He said they took a decision to honour Phansi by building her a house but unfortunately she became sick and passed on before they could hand over the house to her.

Phansi died on December 24, 2021 following a sickness and she was buried in Lesotho.

Malema said Phansi had two children that passed on having no children of their own.

She lived with the children of her brother who are to receive a house from the EFF on her behalf.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

“We are asking them to look after this house because it’s a legacy of a hard worker. We want our members and future generations to see this house as a house that honours those who commit to the organisation irrespective of their age and we use her as an example that age is just a number but if your heart is there you’ll always fight for what you believe in.”

Ntebogeleng Phansi, a niece to the late fighter said she was thankful of the house that the EFF had built for them. “Even the neighbours around the area asked if magogo sold the house because of how beautiful it is. Thank you President,” she added.

Meanwhile, on the issue of schools reopening and mandatory vaccination, Malema said they were calling up both the teachers and learners to continue following the protocols (wearing masks and sanitising) and making sure that the environment was clean and not contaminated.

Read Also:  Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

“We called up all branches of the EFF to visit all the schools to make sure that learners are allowed to attend. No learner should be denied access because the parents have not signed the acknowledgement of debt. Children are children, they cannot be punished because of the poverty of their parents.

“We are not going to allow anyone blocking our students at universities including staff from entering and receiving education because they are not vaccinated. We call up all our people to vaccinate and stop listening to conspiracy theories about vaccination,” he said.

While addressing the media and EFF members, Malema alluded to a restaurant in Mall of Africa which he will be visiting next week to inspect the employment policy. When speaking about open borders, he said “it’s a very serious issue South Africans are unemployed. When we say we want jobs we mean business.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

“I will be visiting that restaurant to check with bosses on how they arrived to a conclusion that there’s no single South African who can do what this people are doing here.

“I have nothing to do with those people, I have everything to do with the owner. I want to understand your mindset, maybe I will buy into your idea,” he explained.

The EFF leader said he would be in Mangaung in the Free State on Friday to inspect sewer spillages that are killing their people.

“When there’s a sewer spillage in towns they fix it within hours but it takes years to fix anything in the townships,” he said.

Share with Friends:
Continue Reading

Politics

Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders – Ronald Lamola

Published

on

Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register for S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

Minister of Justice and Correctional Services Ronald Lamola has revealed that just over 3000 convicted sex offenders were registered on the National Register for Sex Offenders (NRSO) between January 2017 and November 2021.

A breakdown per province indicates that KwaZulu-Natal has the highest number of offenders followed by the Western Cape.

Lamola made this revelation in a written parliamentary reply to DA MP Désirée van der Walt who enquired about the total number of offenders who were registered on the NRSO in each province.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

The overall total stands at 3 123, as per Lamola’s response.

In KZN 640 offenders had been registered for the period under review, with the Western Cape taking the second highest spot at 561.

In third place is the Eastern Cape with 478 offenders registered followed by the Free State with 422.

Read Also:  Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

Gauteng’s figures stood at 283, with Mpumalanga tallying behind at 252. Limpopo had 224 offenders registered, North West at 197 and the Northern Cape recorded the least with only 66 offenders being listed on NRSO.

Lamola pointed out that the data sets kept in the register constantly vary due to the day-to-day activities made in the register, which include entries and removals of particulars of sex offenders.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

“As permitted by section 51 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007, certain registered offenders do apply to the Registrar to have their particulars removed from the register.

After consideration by the Registrar, some of these applications become successful and this results in constant changes in the total number of sex offenders registered on the register,” he said.

Share with Friends:
Continue Reading

Politics

Northern Cape Doctor Escapes Being Blacklisted From Trading With The State

Published

on

Northern Cape Doctor Escapes Being Blacklisted From Trading With The State

A Northern Cape doctor escaped being blacklisted from trading with the State after pleading ignorance.

This came after he was found to have been awarded a contract after submitting two bids for the provision of the same service.

This emerged when Social Development Minister Lindiwe Zulu responded in writing to parliamentary questions from IFP MP Liezl van der Merwe.

Van der Merwe enquired about the specific projects of the South African Social Services Agency (Sassa) in which service providers submitted more than one bid.

The question arose after last month’s portfolio committee report noted that there were service providers that submitted more than one bid for Sassa projects.

Read Also:  Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

Zulu said the matter related to the tender advertised by the Northern Cape Sassa offices, which called for health professionals and firms to tender for contracts to perform disability assessments.

She said the tender was done to specifically to address the shortage of medical doctors who can perform disability assessments and clear backlogs.

“Only one service provider responded by submitting two bids – one as an individual medical practitioner and the other as a director of a medical company – to render disability assessment services.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

“During the Auditor General of South Africa Regulatory Audit, the region concurred that the bidder had omitted to disclose on the applicable supply chain management disclosure forms that both bids had one director and were bidding for the same tender,” she said.

Zulu also said that, had the doctor disclosed this information, both bids would have been disqualified in the first place.

“The contract was subsequently cancelled in line with the National Treasury’s irregular expenditure framework. The region disclosed payments already made amounting to R83 000 as irregular expenditure,” she said.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

Zulu also said the contract was cancelled following an investigation and a legal opinion that was obtained.

“The affected medical doctor/director indicated that this omission was an honest mistake,” she said.

Zulu also said the region did not suffer any financial losses as a result.

“Furthermore, the outcome of the investigation did not necessitate the restriction of the bidder and subsequent publication of the investigation report on the National Treasury website, in cases where it is confirmed there was an abuse of the supply chain management system,” she said.

Share with Friends:
Continue Reading

Politics

Private Labs Should Face Consequences For High Covid-19 PCR Test Profits – SACP

Published

on

Private Labs Should Face Consequences For High Covid-19 PCR Test Profits – SACP

The SACP has called for laboratories to face consequences following the significant profits made as a result of high Covid-19 PCR test pricing.

On Sunday the Competition Commission held an urgent media briefing to inform the country of the “groundbreaking agreement” reached between two of South Africa’s biggest private laboratories, which will now see people paying R500 for a Covid-19 PCR test and not R850.

The Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) laid a complaint against private pathology laboratories, alleging that the price for supplying PCR tests for Covid testing was “unfairly inflated, exorbitant and/or unjustifiable”.

Read Also:  Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

Through investigations, the commission found that these labs have been making significant profits – although the amount of profits had not been confirmed.

According to Competition Commissioner Tembinkosi Bonakele, between September and October the commission was alerted through a number of meetings and telephonic discussions – including discussions with the Department of Health and health-care funders – of possible pricing abuse for Covid-19 PCR tests to the detriment of vulnerable consumers and customers.

Read Also:  Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

SACP spokesperson Alex Mashilo said while welcoming the slashed price, the matter should be further investigated.

“There must be consequences for the profits made from the exorbitant pricing of the Covid-19 PCR tests.

“In general, to put people before profit, no health-care-related pricing should be left without scrutiny. Besides the Covid-19 PCR tests, among others the price of medicine is exorbitant. Steps need to be taken to protect the people against unfair pricing in the entire health-care sector,” he said.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

Bonakele encouraged medical aid schemes and laboratories to adhere to the latest reduction in PCR tests.

Share with Friends:
Continue Reading

Politics

NPA Asks For Patience In Dealing With State Capture, Corruption Cases

Published

on

NPA Asks For Patience In Dealing With State Capture, Corruption Cases

Shamila Batohi, the NATIONAL Director of Public Prosecutions (NDPP) has asked for some extra time from South Africans clamouring for those accused of corruption and state capture to be brought to book.

Batohi addressed the media on Monday on a range of issues in the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) including the unexpected resignation of the head of the Investigating Directorate (ID) Hermione Cronje, who is scheduled to leave her office in March next year.

According to the NDPP, the NPA was not in crisis and there was no sabotage of the ID.

”There is no leadership gap,” Batohi insisted.

She said she and Cronje knew the interests of the country were important, as the ID was under considerable pressure to perform.

”There was been progress in the ID. We will never have all the resources we need. We need to prioritise. It’s a tough job in a tough environment,” Batohi said.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

She said Cronje’s departure was not a sign of a crisis or collapse and she had played her part and helped to lay the foundation for the establishment of the ID in the two years and eight months she has been its head.

”Many cases are ready to be enrolled and every effort is being made to ensure that this happens,” Batohi said.

She added that it took time for any department to “break even”, as in the private sector, and the ID now had over 120 staff members and had moved into its new state-of-the-art building.

Cronje was asked her to remain in office until there was a time when Batohi realised that it was in the interests of all for her to leave, she said.

Read Also:  Julius Malema hands house to late EFF fighter Gogo Pulane Phansi’s family in Kagiso

Batohi also warned the country dealing with state capture corruption required additional specialised capacity and that the NPA was committed to bringing it in.

She said she expected an avalanche of work from the Commission of Inquiry into state capture after its report is handed to President Cyril Ramaphosa next month.

Batohi said there would be heightened expectations that would need to be tempered as testifying before a commission was one thing and preparing a docket for a criminal trial, another.

”I can fully understand the impatience of the people of South Africa when it comes to prosecutions,” she said.

She said the ID was working closely with the Asset Forfeiture Unit to fast-track cases, attach properties and recover stolen money.

Read Also:  Over 3000 Convicted Offenders Registered On National Register For S3x Offenders - Ronald Lamola

The ID has managed to enrol about 18 cases, of which 70% are criminal matters with the balance being asset forfeiture and recoveries, according to Batohi.

She said the ID secured an unlimited restraint order on assets of the controversial fugitive Gupta family through their company Islandsite Investments.

Batohi promised the process to appoint the new head of the ID will be rigorous to ensure that the right person is appointed and will deliver.

The NPA has also been asked to come to the National Assembly’s portfolio committee on justice and correctional services on Wednesday to give more details on Cronje’s departure.

Share with Friends:
Continue Reading

Facebook

Africa Business Directory

Are you looking to increase your company's online presence in Africa? List your company on our No.1 business directory in South Africa & business directory in Africa as a whole on africabusinessfile.com.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending